circe
i’ve watched you for so long
i must have you
sirens have nothing on my song
my song is ageless and perfect
angels envy my song
you must be strong to resist this
i’ve seduced men you thought were myth
gods have murdered mortals over me
they died with my name on their lips
my taste on their tongues
my love is the only one you need
come rest your earthly burdens on my breasts
you’ll find them firm like virgin’s
irresistible like goddess’
my breasts are filled with neptune’s nectar
one sip and you’ll be mine

now sink into my sea soft skin where your fantasy begins
don’t fight, you’ll never win
i know, my hair is mesmerizing
it reflects the colors of suns rising and set
you’ll never forget my wet
wonder, come under
my kiss will keep you safe
what seemed to you like minutes in my world are endless days
ride my waves of pleasure, forever
your human hands like magic from my coral strands
as our bodies melt into the sands of the ocean floor
i’m deep into your love…

but wait, my seduction
has now become a dangerous attraction
i can’t breathe … i… i can’t breathe
i’m drowning in you love, drowning…

i’m drowning … who, who are you?
and why are you saving me?
he said: “i’ve loved you from afar
with a child’s heart and a man’s longing.
i know you better than you know yourself.
better than any man, myth, or immortal.
i’ve watched you seduce for centuries
in the search for a creature who could please… you.”

BY: URSULA RUCKER